GRIFFIN QC LIMITED T/A Griffin Learning Institute (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Your privacy is important to us and we take it very seriously. This policy covers all our brands –Griffin QC Ltd, and their associated products and services.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC). The Regulation aims to harmonize data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. Even though the UK expressed its intention to leave the EU back in March 2019, the GDPR will continue to be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. Furthermore, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has recently laid out its intention to continue with a similar level of regulation post March 2019.
This policy lays out in plain English how GDPR and the current Privacy Directive applies to the way Griffin QC Ltd handles your personal data. Our aim is to be responsible, relevant and secure when using your data. Griffin QC Ltd specialises in Technology Risk Consultancy and Training. Our expectation is that you give consent to Griffin QC Ltd to store your personal details and the data contained within your Training Registration Form. If this is not your expectation, please do not submit your Training Registration details to our website. Entering your Training Registration details indicates that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the policy. Please take a moment to read through what information we collect about you, who we share it with and how they might use it.
- Training Registration Details – Name, Address, Telephone, Payment information via our website detailing credit card or PayPal details
Who controls my personal data?
- The Data Controller is Griffin QC Ltd Limited. It is Registered in the UK Company Number 4752587
- Registered Address: 82 Bear Hill, Alvechurch, Worcestershire B48 7ND
- The Data Controller’s representative is the Griffin QC Ltd Director
- You can contact the Data Controller at email@example.com
- You can call them on 08007076888
What is the purpose and legal basis of the processing?
- At Griffin QC Ltd we will rely on your ‘consent’ to process personal data. This is defined by the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standard of ‘consent’ as it’s legal basis for processing personal data
- GDPR defines consent as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ wishes by which you, by a statement or by a clear affirmation of action, signifies an agreement to the processing of personal data relating to you’
- Your data will not be shared with any third parties without your prior knowledge and agreement.
- Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties unconnected with Griffin QC Ltd without consent.
What data will the Controller collect and process?
The categories of personal data are your name, e-mail address, contact telephone number,
Who will have access to the data?
The recipients of personal data are limited to Griffin QC Ltd Limited and all associated entities
How long will the data be kept for?
The Retention period for personal data is 5 years.
Griffin QC Ltd will be required to deactivate personal data after the relevant retention period, or when they are in receipt of a data subjects request to do so, whichever is the earlier. The data subject has the right to change their mind and withdraw consent at any point during the retention period.